How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11265
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Plumbing scam

Customer Question

A plumber fitted one bathroom and got £2,600 for the en suite but for a variety of excuses we never got the en suite fitted or the goods paid for. What recourse do we have? This was in the summer of 2012. XXXXX XXXXX


Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

You can sue in the sheriff court small claim court for your money back. The plumber is in breach of contract by failing to do the en suite in accordance with the agreement you have with him.

You can instruct your solicitor to deal with the action for you or if you are feeling ambitious and want to save on fees you can do it yourself.

You can get the forms here:

If you elect to it yourself make sure you read and understand the rules which you can get here:

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.

Related Scots Law Questions