Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

my 14yr old son fell out with a friend,since this the freind

Customer Question

my 14yr old son fell out with a friend,since this the freind doesnt want to see my son unfortunately my son has sent some texts to him saying that he will kill himself and also that he was going to send explicit pics of his friend to others,the nature of last text happened once ,and my son has no explicit pics. i live in scotland,my sons step dad has terminal cancer and also a good friend of his has moved away,although l know however unhappy he is he should not have did this the police have confiscted his phone and are investigating,what should i do and what will happen
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

Tell the police the difficulties your son has been going through. Once they realise there are no explicit pictures, given his age, they are likely to give him a warning, nothing more.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.