Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

i have been accused of stealing £5000 from my ex employer they

Customer Question

i have been accused of stealing £5000 from my ex employer they have not called the police as yet and have told me that if i pay the cash they wont do it . i know myself that i have not done this and i do not have any cash wot can i do
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  cityguru replied 4 years ago.
If you have not done anything then you should have nothing to fear. On what basis are they making this claim? Surely you should just deny it and tell them you are happy to deal with the police. It sounds as if they are trying to extort money from you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i sure did deny it and yes i did tell them to get the police i also know about some things thats going on in the shop that i did disagree with and i do know about some debts that they have

Expert:  cityguru replied 4 years ago.
Ok Well I would tell them you will go to the police if they do not leave you alone.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.