Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

hi my sister has put slanderous comments about me and my children

Customer Question

hi my sister has put slanderous comments about me and my children on facebook i have asked facebook and my sister and friend of my mothers to remove them and they still have not can you help
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

Facebook should remove slanderous comments if you have used the "report abuse" facility.

As far as your relative is concerned, you should see a solicitor who will write to her demanding that the comments be removed. If they don't and refuse or delay to do so you can take her to court and obtain an order from the court for the posts to be removed. You can also ask the court to make her pay the costs of the action.

Generally, however, a solicitor's letter is sufficient threat.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.