31090051

If the police arrest my son for missing a court appearance

Customer Question

If the police arrest my son for missing a court appearance am I entitled to vist him and where do I get information regarding his arrest from. He is 20 years old.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

If he is detained on an apprehension warrant, it is like.y to be at a local police station. They are not bound to give you any information. Your son will appear at the next custody court at either the sheriff or JP court he was originally to appear at.

You would be advised to contact his solicitor as soon as you can as his solicitor will normally be told of his whereabouts and can visit him. As your son will be in a police cell rather than a prison you can't normally visit him.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Please let me know if I can assist you further. Otherwise please leave positive feedback so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.