Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Hi, My Father passed away in September of last year and left

Customer Question

Hi, My Father passed away in September of last year and left equal shares of his estate to my brother and I. My Brother wishes to buy my half share of my Father's house. Is there a legal entitlement for me to pay any monies towards the transfer of my half share of the title deeds?
A second related question to the above. My brother and I agreed a figure for the house and shook hands, in agreement, to transfer my half of the house into my brother's name, that was nine months ago. My brother has stayed in the house for nine months (rent free), five of these months have been after my Fathers estate has been settled. Are there any legal issues that I should be aware of regarding this arrangement?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Josh-2010 replied 3 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

Are you satisfied with the figure agreed still (notwithstanding his rent free occupation) or do you wish to revisit the value of the property at this point please?

JACUSTOMER-67vygncj- :

You have not answered any part of my question(s). If this is the level of answer that I am receiving then this has been a complete waste of my time and money.

Josh-2010 :

Respectfully XXXXX XXXXX not been able to answer your question at all to date because I need a little more information from you before I can do so. I hope you are able to read my above post. In case not i will repost it below. I look forward to hearing from you.

Josh-2010 :

JACUSTOMER-67vygncj- :

In my opinion, I have given enough information, it's just that you are not answering the question.

Josh-2010 :

Understood. Unfortunately I cannot assist to the level I would wish if you are not happy to engage with me. I am sorry I am not able to help further on this occasion on that basis. Perhaps you would advise me if you would like me to opt out for one of my colleagues (although I suspect they will be similarly hampered in this respect) or whether you would prefer to have me ask customer services to issue with a refund in the circumstances.

JACUSTOMER-67vygncj- :

I simply asked, is there a legal entitlement for me to pay any money towards the transfer of my half share of the title deeds to my brother. Now if you are not able to answer that question then yes I would like you to answer customer services for a refund.

Josh-2010 :

I can address that singular question on its own without further information but there is more to this that I would like to address which is why I asked for some further information. I am concerned that simply answering he above in isolation without addressing other relevant aspects would be negligent. If you would like me to simply restrict myself to this question despite what I say above I am very happy to. Would you let me know how you would like to proceed?

Josh-2010 :

Sorry on top of the above I have just noted you are in Scotland. I will transfer this to the Scottish legal forum as I am an English lawyer.

JACUSTOMER-67vygncj- :

Please just answer this question, with regards XXXXX XXXXX add on question you do not, in my opinion, require to know any further information. I simply asked for any legal issues that I should be aware off. Whether I am happy with the price agreed for the house is not relevant.

Josh-2010 :

I trust one of my Scottish colleagues will be able to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I am sorry but I am not happy at all with the level of service I have received.

Please contact customer services for a complete refund please.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm very sorry you did not receive an answer to your question. I will process the refund for you and you should receive email confirmation that this has been done.

I do hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,