Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I want to set up a single person hunger strike protest in stonehaven.

Customer Question

I want to set up a single person hunger strike protest in stonehaven. Are there any things I need to be aware of like I can be moved of pavements for obstruction.Is using a public bench allowed?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

You are allowed to sit on pavements and benches of you don't cause an obstruction. You are entitled to peacefully protest. However, you might fail foul of the breach of the peace laws, if the police argue that hunger striking in public is likely to cause other people distress and put them in a state of fear and alarm.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.