29905560

Attended Cheshire agricultural show. Spoke with person on Scottish

Customer Question

Attended Cheshire agricultural show. Spoke with person on Scottish Hotel stand on possibility of holiday, but did not obtain firm prices or dates. Following day decided to book holiday, phoned hotel, booked for an eight day holiday(the offer at the show was for a 4/5 day holiday) and paid in full by credit card. Following day my wife had a relapse of an illness, so could not take any chances., phoned hotel and cancelled the booking, confirming this by letter. Three days later received acknowledgement of booking which included a clause 'This reservation is non-refundable'.
Since then I have spoken with two members of the hotel, who both said I should get a refund, but have had no acknowledgement whatsoever, except- the person handling this is in London. The account my money was paid into was different to the hotel where we made the booking.
I would be grateful for any advice you could give me.
H.L.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

On what contractual basis do you contend that you should be entitled to a refund?
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Are you in a position to answer my info request above?