31090051

My employer is giving me a final written warning for a parking

Customer Question

My employer is giving me a final written warning for a parking issue I had while on holiday with the company van. I have never had a written warning before. With regards XXXXX XXXXX parking issue I was legally correct but one of the neighbours is my employers friend. They have told my company that I was aggressive when I was being arrogant. I finally called the police who got the other veichile move and let me go on my way. Now my employer has posted me out this final written warning which I will receive today and asked me to attend a meeting with him on Thursday morning. My line manager has said if I don't accept the warning the van will be taken from me. If this happens I will be unable to get to my current construction site especially for the correct starting time. I think this will lead to my dismissal. Can you inform me of my options please?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

To save this escalating into a dismissal situation, you may want to accept the warning but insist that they note your side of the story. However, from what you say a final written warning is harsh. I would suggest a verbal warning or a simple written warning, especially if you weren't in the wrong insofar as the incident was concerned.

However, if you want me to consider this further, let me know what the letter actually says when you receive it.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.