75100385

I am trying to sell my house. The advice from my solicitor

Customer Question

I am trying to sell my house. The advice from my solicitor has not been helpful to the extent that I feel a complaint is warranted. This has been going on since March.
Category: Scots Law

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.
Alex Watts : What has happened please?
JACUSTOMER-8pq13i65- :

I am trying to sell my house. The Estate Agent, buying and selling solicitor are all in one firm. Certain Building Warrants were not obtained. This only became clear when selling. I have approached the local council and addressed this. The buyer went on to ask for B.W.s for Velux Windows. The council deemed this uneccesary. The buyer insisted it was. The buyer also asked for Listed Building Consent for a greenhouse that had fallen down My solicitor agreed with all the buyer suggested including, at one point, a 35,000 kitchen makeover. I have been in touch with a Planning Consultant who tells me that the demands of the buyer are unfounded. She also told me that the Structural Report asked for by the purchaser but paid by me should have been paid for by the purchaser. It seems to me that the solicitor I engaged to work for me is not in fact working for me at all

JACUSTOMER-8pq13i65- :

You just confirmed my opinion of solicitors. Charlaton

Alex Watts :

I did say that I would be on and offline.

Alex Watts :

You posted a reply and 1 minute later gave a bad rating - but let me try and change this for you by answering your question.

Alex Watts :

What do you estimate these extra to be that you have incurred please?

I still want to help you with this - I need the extra information such as what extra costs will you incur as a result of the Solicitor please?
If I could invite you to rate my service before you leave today, hopefully it has been excellent. If you do need more help or information please click reply. Thanks – Alex.