29905560

HI I RECENTLY GOT A NEW BATHROOM AND KITCHEN FITTED by a compant

Customer Question

HI I RECENTLY GOT A NEW BATHROOM AND KITCHEN FITTED by a compant I got on web. . THE BATHROOM WAS OK. But took 9 days to complete [small bathroom] and had been told at most 5 days!!!
HOWEVER, I was advised that the KITCHEN would be well completed on my return 6 days later. I WENT ON HOLIDAY TO ALLOW KITCHEN TO BE CARRIED OUT, HOWEVER on my return I WAS TOLD THE MATERIALS ARRIVED LATE SO THIS ONLY GAVE FITTERS 4 DAYS TO COMPLETE BUT AGAIN WASA SSURED BY OWNER THIS WAS PLENTY OF TIME FOR ALL to be READY ON MY RETURN. BUT WHEN I DID RETURN THERE WAS ANOTHER fitter there JOINER] DIFFERENT FROM PERSON WHO HAD DONE MY BATHROOM AND I WAS TOLD it would be the SAME PERSON THIS WAS now AN INDEPENDENT JOINER THEY HAD CALLED AS THEREWERE PROBLEMS THE JOINERSAID HE DIDNT START WORK UNTIL THE MORING I ARRIVED ON 14/09 @ 4PM and I COULDNT SIT IN MY LOUNGE AS MATERIALs ALL StREWN AROUND MY SITTING ROOM WHAT A SHOCK HORROR--- I IMMEDIATELY PHONED OWNER WHO ADVISED THERE WERE PROBLEMS WITH THE PLUMBING AND I HAD NO HEATING TOILET FACILITIES OR WATER. I WAS THEN ASSURED AFTER AN ARGUEMENT THAT THEY WOULD GET IN A QUALIFIED HEATING ENGINEER I THOUGHT THE GUY DOING K WORK WAS QUALIFIED TO DO THE JOB --THE ENGINEER ARRIVE THAT NIGHT AT 8-30 PM ALL THIS TIME WAITING I HAD TO USE TOILET FACILITIES AT LOCAL SUPERMARKET WORK WAS COMPLETED BUT THERE WAS A SMALL LEAK LEFT FROM UNDER THE SINK. AGAIN COMPLAINED TO OWNER WHO GOT VERY VERBALLY AGGRESSIVE TO ME AND IM A SINGLE FEMALE ON MY OWN AND HE HAD ALREADY DID THIS TO ME WHEN MY BATHROOM WAS BEING DONE I HAD TO THREATEN HIM WITH POLICE AS HE WOULNT GO OUT OF MY HOUSE WHEN I TOLD HIM TO BUT I LET HIM CARRYON WITH KITCHEN AS I HAD ALREADY PAID FOR WORK. GOING BACK TO KITCHEN HE STARTED TO CALL ME A CONSTANT COMPLAINER AND A LIAR I EXPLAINED I WASNT HAPPY WITH VALUE of the KITCHEN AND INSTEAD OF 4DRAWER UNIT I ONLY GOT 1 DRAWER UNIT ALSO DIFFERENT DOOR HANDLES WHICH WERE HITIING OFF the drawer WHEN I TRIED TO OPEN IT --HE BECAME VERY VERBALLY AGGRESSIVE AND I PUT PHONE DOWN AND TOLD HIM I WASNT HAVING HIM DO ANYMORE WORK I still HAD WINDOWS AND DOORS STILL TO BE DONE EVERYTHING WAS PAID FOR BAR UNDER £1000 WHICH I Said I WOULD PAY WHEN THE WINDOWS AND DOORS WERE FITTED HE THEN SAID THE INDEPENDENT JOINER WOULNT BE PAID and it was my fault I felt very afraid he then said he would come to my house and dump all rubbish from kitchen back into my garden he has left my kitchen undone with water dripping from under sink tiles undone and units im in shock with this mans behaviour his worker said he was always like this what can I do ????
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Can you advise what you have paid them, what is still to be paid, what work is done incorrectly and what work is not done at all?

Have you any idea of the value of the work still to be done? Have they delivered the windows and doors for example?

Is the amount you still have to pay substantially less than the value of work still to be done?