31090051

I have been excluded from birth certificate (1 month old son)

Customer Question

I have been excluded from birth certificate (1 month old son) and have been allowed very little access to him (4 hours roughly in a month). I wouldlike advice on how to get my name on birth certificate and re access.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

You should see a solicitor with a view to raising an action for declarator that you are the father of the child and also for contact on a regular basis. The earlier you do this, the better.

If the mother can reach agreement with you, there is a procedure to have you added to the birth certificate by jointly applying to the General a Register Office for Scotland. The forms are online but in the absence of agreement you will have to go to court.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.