31090051

I had contract with Three for 18 month from 20/12/2011. Now

Customer Question

I had contract with Three for 18 month from 20/12/2011. Now they want to collect money from me for cancellation of contract. It seems to me that the contract is terminated automatically after 18 months. is it correct. Should I pay any sharges?
Ilona
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How much do they claim you owe please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For Jo C. I received letter that I have to pay £44.73. Before I pay monthly £16.54. My last payment was on 08/08/13.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, I've just notice you are in Scotland.

I will move this for you.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

I assume this is a mobile phone contract. If it's for 18 months and that period has expired there should be no reason that they can charge you outwith the term of the contract. However the contract does not terminate automatically. It continues until you terminate it.

Many people keep their contract going. A phone contract for 18 months is a minimum period of 18 months. If you don't cancel it it will keep going.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Can I help you further with this?