31090051

My son has been charged with two offences of causing damage

Customer Question

My son has been charged with two offences of causing damage to a car. He has admitted this and is ashamed of his actions. He is scheduled to go to the sheriff court tomorrow. Up until this point he has not had legal representation should he reconsider this and have legal representation tomorrow.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

What kind of diet is this. Is he answering a bail undertaking or has he received and is answering a citation from the procurator fiscal? Or has he already received a citation and this is a trial diet?

I am trying to work out if he will be able to instruct a solicitor before tomorrow.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
An appearance in front of the sheriff tomorrow. I'm hopeful that he will receive a sanction tomorrow without it going to a trial
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I understand that it's an appearance in front of the sheriff. Is this a first appearance, however, or is he appearing at a trial diet? What procedure has there been so far from him being charged to date?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
First appearance. He is currently being held by the police pending the appearance at court tomorrow.
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
In that case he will be able to request the services of the duty solicitor who will be at the court to represent all those who request a solicitor. You are right in that he would be better to appear with a solicitor.

I am happy to discuss further any specific points.
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.