31090051

Hi we instructed Charterhouse claims to help us with a PPI

Customer Question

Hi we instructed Charterhouse claims to help us with a PPI claim over a year ago, in January this year they won us 7292.78 which was made up of interest of 2508.76 and repayment of 4784.02. They sent us an invoice for their charges of 903.15. Now 10 months on we received a phone call from them stating they had had an audit & it came to light that they only charged us on the interest amount and that we were due them 1722.25 which was due immediately, however I have spoken with them again tonight and they are willing to except 950.00 to clear the account. My question is are they able to demand this money as it was no fault of our own and we assumed that the amount we paid in January was the correct amount. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

It is the law that if someone who provides services makes an error in their account and forgets to charge or charges wrongly, they can ask for payment afterwards. If they are prepared to accept a sum less than the contracted amount, I would take it.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.