31090051

I liv in a basement flat and there was a common wall requiring

Customer Question

I liv in a basement flat and there was a common wall requiring a damp proof course.The factor requested that we share the cost but my neighbours refused.They now want me to pay a share of the roof maintinence and I have said Iwill pay it as usual only if they refurbish me with their share of the monies I paid for the dpc which was of a common nature.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 years ago.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

Alex Watts :

When did this happen please?

Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

How many people live in the tenement?

Do you have access to your title deeds? If so can you have them available when you respond to me?

Do you know if there a tenement management scheme in existence under the Tenements (Scotland) Act?