31090051

I am being pursued for a debt by a firm of solicitors acting

I am being pursued for a debt by a firm of solicitors acting on behalf of a Comany who claim I took out a loan on 22nd Dec 2006 with them . I dispute this debt but the solicitors have now contacted my DAS advisors to request the amount outstanding be included in my DAS arrangement and stating if I do not agree to this they will take me to court . Can you advise me of my rights in this case .
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

If it was 2006 and you dispute the debt, it may be time-barred if there has been no communication within the
previous five years.

However, you don't say what the nature of your dispute is as regards XXXXX XXXXX

Happy to discuss further of you give me further information.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.