31090051

Hi im in scotland and im engaged ti be married this time next

Customer Question

Hi im in scotland and im engaged ti be married this time next year . The only problem is I did think I was divorced I remember signing papers and handing them in to the court but I cant find any confirmation of a divorce and I dont remember reciving on I also have never been I the court with my ex . This was all mor than 5 years ago now . What can I do to sort it out and I have no contact with my ex her family live in asia and I have no idea ware she lives I have no address or contact please help.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

In the first instance you should contact the court. They will be able to check quite easily if the divorce was granted and give you an extract of the divorce decree.

Come back to me if this doesn't work or if it turns out that you aren't divorced and I will help you further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.