31090051

I have no criminal record of any kind and that includes driving.

I have no criminal record of any kind and that includes driving. The police came to my house on Thursday to check my replicas some are brass blanks others fire air gun .177 these were all bought in a registered dealer in Edinburgh and are recorded on a gun log book ant the buyer must supply a up to date driving licence all precautions I have undertaken to render they interpretive

Is their any reason for the police to confiscate them and do they need to give me a reason
also can I refuse them entry to my without a search warrant, and if so can this be obstructing the officers in their line of duty this is usually intimidation
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

They can't come into your house without a warrant unless you invite them in.

There is no legislation whereby air weapons have to be licensed in Scotland although this is on the Scottish governments present legislative programme and is likely to become law within the next year two.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.