31090051

I live in Wiltshire and have a Scottish heritance issue. Left

I live in Wiltshire and have a Scottish heritance issue. Left half of my father's estate in Scotland in his will, which I have a copy of. Gave up my executers role to my only sister since I live 400 miles away. Its now been several months and I cannot get hold of my sister and suspect she is holding onto 100% of the estate. it is looking like I will have to use legal services to get my inheritance. Problem is that I live in Wilts and can't go running up and down to Scotland easily and would prefer to work locally with an English Lawyer in Swindon Wilts. Is this possible ?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

You should instruct an English solicitor who is local to you and he or she in turn can instruct a Scottish solicitor on an agency basis. This is quite a common way of dealing between Scotland and England. The Scottish solicitor will deal with your sister's solicitor and report to your English solicitor who will deal with you.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.