31090051

I am 60 and my wife is 50 we have been together for nearly

I am 60 and my wife is 50 we have been together for nearly 30 years, married for the last 21 years. We have two children staying at home. One is 21 in part time work training for the commonwealth games.
I have a 17 year old daughter in part time work and at college.
My wife as walked out and left me.( she is staying with her parents? )
Lots of answers i need to know
How long can i stay in our house which is bought without having to sell it?
I pay all the bills my wife used her wages for weekly messages. Does she need to contribute to the house bills.?
Does she have to contribute to the children ?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

The disposal or otherwise of the house depends on what is eventually either agreed or ordered by the court if there is a divorce. At the moment either of you has a right to stay in the house, or not, as you choose.

As far as maintenance of the children is concerned, if there is no child benefit being paid for either child, there is no obligation for one parent to pay the other child maintenance. If either child is in full time education or training the parents have a joint duty to pay aliment to the child until the full time education or training ceases or when the child attains the age of 25, whichever is sooner.

Whether one spouse has a duty to pay maintenance to the other depends on each party's income and expenditure. In general terms the less well off party can be expected to pay maintenance to the other.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.