29905560

reprort on school case at oban sheriff court January - February

Customer Question

reprort on school case at oban sheriff court January - February - June 1959
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
I am a Scottish solicitor. What can I do to help you?
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Do you know the name of the case, what was it about, what court was it heard in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have no idea as to what you expect me to give as added information. The case was about the withdrawl of children from school and the provision of alternative education

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
I have looked through the case reports for 1959 which were reported in the Scots Law Times and Session Cases. There is no case about the matter to which you refer. Either the case was unreported or it was reported elsewhere.

Without further information such as names of parties and what court the case was heard in it is not possible to take this further, sorry.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The case was widely reported and followed in the newspapers, and that was not just the Scottish papers. We had responses from people in England. One of our witnesses was a director of Parent National Educational Union . My late wife Fiona XXX was another witness.

The case was heard by Sheriff XXXXXX. You do not say or specify what further information you are looking for.

K.W.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already stated that the case was heard in Oban Sheriff Court and it was brought about by Argyll Education Committee as a Crown Prosecution against me Kenneth XXX for the withdrawal of the children from school without a valid excuse. They also refuted the right of parents to have the children taught by schooling of their - the parents choice which was part of the education act passed by the Westminster Parliament. Now what more information do you expect from me? Please say