31090051

I suspect someone who worked for the same company as me in

Customer Question

I suspect someone who worked for the same company as me in the HR department shared details with their partner (not an employee) around my date and reasons for leaving my employment when made redundant. Can I do anything about this?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

Your ex employers are liable for the acts of their employees whilst acting in the course of their employment or for delictual lability committed arising from employment. You would have to establish that this breach of confidence resulted in a loss to you. If you can do so you might have a remedy in damages.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.