cityguru
cityguru, Solicitor
Experience:  solicitor
18726264

how do i find if my name is XXXXX XXXXX house deeds as i have no

how do i find if my name is XXXXX XXXXX house deeds as i have no contact now with my ex wife
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  cityguru replied 4 years ago.
Hi thanks for your question. You can carry out a land registry search. It is fairly straight forward but there is a fee payable so I cannot do it for you .
As long as you have the address you can find out how to do this here:
http://www.ros.gov.uk/customerservices/searching-the-registers.html

Please make sure you use the official site - there are lots of sites on the internet that are made up to look like an official one and they will charge you more.
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.I am a Scottish solicitor and I can actually do the search for you through my own direct access to Registers of Scotland Direct if you upload the address for me.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have been on the land registry site and as it is unregistered they could not give me any information

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have been on the land registry site and as it is unregistered they could not give me any information the address is in england

Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Your question has been posted to the wrong site. I will transfer you to English law.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you

Expert:  cityguru replied 4 years ago.
Just to confirm - you have searched the English land registry? when did you acquire the property?
Expert:  cityguru replied 4 years ago.
apologies I posted my previous response as an answer not an information request. Please do not rate the answers until you have an answer to your question
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the property was aquired in 1981

Expert:  cityguru replied 4 years ago.
I assume from that that you have searched the English/welsh land registry. Not all transfers required to be registered before 1990 although I am a bit surprised that the land was not registered on transfer.

IF you had a mortgage when you bought the property then you may be able to get information form the land charges department - which is where charges were registered before the land was registered:

See here http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/contact-us/offices/land-charges-department

Otherwise it is very difficult. You can check if the local the county record office has any information but in a lot of places the deeds themselves may the only compete record. The registration for Rates with the local authority may tell you something.
cityguru, Solicitor
Experience: solicitor
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok i am now finished with my questions

Expert:  cityguru replied 4 years ago.
Ok Good luck