31090051

I am am jointly selling a property with my ex partner.I am

I am am jointly selling a property with my ex partner.I am keen for a quick sale.we had an offer 15k over the home report valuation which I accepted but he turned down and we lost the sale. Do I have any rights at all? We separated over two years ago but still have to live under the same roof a the strain is becoming unbearable for me.We have a young daughter so I cannot just walk away from the house as I need to be able to provide a good home for her in the future.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

If your ex won't agree to accept a reasonable offer then you have to go to the court and ask the court to make an order to sell the property and for the proceeds to be divided. This would be unfortunate as additional costs would result in their being less sale proceeds to be divided. You may want to put him on notice that if you have to go down the route you will ask the court to award the costs against him.

Unfortunately this is the only route available to you if he doesn't agree to a sale.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.