31090051

If a contract with an estate agent is signed giving them sole

If a contract with an estate agent is signed giving them sole selling rights and subsequently a member of the immediate family expresses a wish to purchase the house privately can the agents contract be cancelled and if so what might the fee be apart from the initial cost of marketing the house
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

You have to read the contract. Some estate agents contracts state that they can charge a fee for any person buying the house during their period of agency irrespective of where they came from.

Best advice is to terminate the contract, wait the period of notice before taking an offer from your family member.

There will be a cancellation fee stipulated on the contract.. There's nothing you can do about that.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.