31090051

I was on holiday in Turkey (a XXXXX XXXXX Hotel) which had

I was on holiday in Turkey (a XXXXX XXXXX Hotel) which had a fire during the night. There was no fire alarm, we inhaled a lot of smoke and it ruined our holiday. I complained to TC on wed 23 Oct, asking some questions and asking for compensation as we were left quite shocked and in need of a holiday.
They replied on 18 Nov saying they were investigating and it was with there legal team. I wrote to them yesterday asking when they will reach a conclusion as the facts were known and, I wasn't sure what they had to investigate.
What is a reasonable amount of time to wait and am I being unreasonable requesting compensation?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

No you are not being unreasonable but typically a claim like this will run for a few months simply because of the nature of it and the fact that there will be multiple claimants.

They will be investigating the cause of the fire so as to know whether they will have their own claim against another party and the extent to which they can be held liable by you and other claimants.

For example if the fire was started deliberately, that is not the fault of XXXXX XXXXX but they may have some liability if the fire alarm was not installed or was faulty.

So there can be a number of issues that they would want to check out before dealing with individual claims.

In my experience claims arising from holidays can take anywhere between four and twelve months to resolve.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for this. They will have many claimants.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome.