31090051

I just want to know legally how a young adult would be viewed

I just want to know legally how a young adult would be viewed collecting childrens schoolwear, as in would I be investigated for having an unhealthy interest in children which I don't? I would fit the larger sizes (16/17) so what about going to an outfitter and admitting it is for myself, wearing in public or private etc. I just love school uniforms for some strange reason, and have only some items I pretended were for my 'daughter', and only worn publically if they have no school crest or obvious colours. (skirts, poloshirts etc.) At home I get as close as possible to what youngsters actually wear at the school in question. Is this wrong?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

There is nothing illegal in doing what you describe as long as you don't wear anything that can be identified as coming from a particular school and also that you don't pretend to be a child from a school.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your answer. I'm too old to pass as a child, but is it illegal just to own/wear school specific items or just to wear in public?

If its not too much info it would be useful to know which law covers this.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
No it is not illegal. You can really wear whatever clothes you like in public. There is no law to stop you wearing items of school uniform.