31090051

I just want to know legally how a young adult would be viewed

I just want to know legally how a young adult would be viewed collecting childrens schoolwear, as in would I be investigated for having an unhealthy interest in children which I don't? I would fit the larger sizes (16/17) so what about going to an outfitter and admitting it is for myself, wearing in public or private etc. I just love school uniforms for some strange reason, and have only some items I pretended were for my 'daughter', and only worn publically if they have no school crest or obvious colours. (skirts, poloshirts etc.) At home I get as close as possible to what youngsters actually wear at the school in question. Is this wrong?

There is nothing illegal in doing what you describe as long as you don't wear anything that can be identified as coming from a particular school and also that you don't pretend to be a child from a school.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your answer. I'm too old to pass as a child, but is it illegal just to own/wear school specific items or just to wear in public?

If its not too much info it would be useful to know which law covers this.

No it is not illegal. You can really wear whatever clothes you like in public. There is no law to stop you wearing items of school uniform.