31090051

my daughter was taken into care from her mother because her

Customer Question

my daughter was taken into care from her mother because her mother assaulted her it was actualy the police that said they were not happy to leave her with her mum shes 14 in dec I have a great relationship with my daughter and have her to stay with me for all school holidays when I contacted social services they told me an assessment would be held on Monday I have made them aware that I am happy to take my daughter to live with me will I get her I am beside myself wit worry about her we were married when my daughter was born and we livein scotland
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

There is no reason why you should not get your daughter to stay with you if you are in a position to look after her. I take it you are going to be arranging the assessment. Make sure that you tell the SW, if they don't know already, what your personal circumstances are and prepare notes as to why it should be taken as in your daughter's best interests that your she lives with you full time. Make sure you can answer any questions about how you will deal with her schooling, looking after her if you work etc.

As your daughter is 14 also remember that in terms of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 she is able to express a view and her view must be taken into account.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.