29905560

Ordered two sofas from SCS ON 27th October was told delivery

Customer Question

Ordered two sofas from SCS ON 27th October was told delivery before Christmas I was of the belief that I had purchased manual recliner sofas when delivery on 21st December only had 1sofa which was recliner when I spoke to SCS in Glasgow was told I had got what I ordered and if I wanted to change it I had to paid extra £300 for recliner which I said was not a problem if I had not already paid then I was informed I also had to pay 25%of the cost of the original sofa which SCS say I ordered
I was working on the day that I had visited SCS and the sales person where all around myself when I was having a look around I did speak with one of them and did not read the paper work as I did not have my glasses with me and believed my order was correct
On my return to the shop whilst speaking with the sales person the branch manager intervened and was extremely rude in the matter to which spoke to myself to which I felt threatened communication has broken down with the shop and myself
I have been delivered one 2 seater sofa and the 3 seater sofa was taken back to the warehouse this purchase was made with finance
I do not know where I stand with this issue
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

What does the order form say?

Where is the contractual basis for the 25% for the sofa you don't want? Is this in the small print terms and conditions?