31090051

if my ex partner does not pay maintenance on time can I legalystop

Customer Question

if my ex partner does not pay maintenance on time can I legalystop him seeing my child? can I legally stop any new partners having any form of contact with child?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

The answer to your first question is no. You can't barter contact with maintenance. You have to enforce the maintenance order, not stop the contact.

As far as a new partner coming into contact with the child you can apply to the court for an order to prevent this, if you can establish that it is not in the child's best interests that such contact should take place.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Please let me know if I can help you further here. If not please leave a positive feedback so that I am credited for my time.