31090051

My daughter is pregnant to a boy she has split up with.He said

Customer Question

My daughter is pregnant to a boy she has split up with.He said to her he has a solicitor letter for her to sign,that she can't go after him for anything.I am not the sharpest tool in the tool box,but would a solicitor even write a letter like this? she is a hard working girl and can do this on her own with my and her dads help would like your advice Thanks Gail
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Such a letter would have no legal effect and she should not sign anything. The father is due to pay child support and it's not possible to contract out of that obligation.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Please let me know if I can help you further here. If not please leave a positive feedback so that I am credited for my time.