31090051

I am a young female of 22 years old and am currently awaiting

Customer Question

I am a young female of 22 years old and am currently awaiting a court case to begin on a male who seriously assaulted me whilst I was out with friends. He's currently out on bail, however his lawyers have sent me a letter asking for me to give them a statement to provide them with what evidence I have got for when this goes to court. Is this allowed? I am not happy about meeting up with his lawyer and telling them what I will be saying up in court against his client!
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

This is entirely normal. A defence lawyer always tries to get statements from prosecution witnesses. It may in fact be worth doing as the lawyer will realise that you will give evidence which could convict his client and might then persuade him to plead guilty which would avoid you having to go to court at all.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.