31090051

My partner and his tew brothers, one now deceased, signed an

My partner and his tew brothers, one now deceased, signed an agreement in 2003, wherein they all agreed put the home in Scotland into a trust and make my partner the sole trustee. The one remaining brother now wants to sell the home, who has final say in this matter?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

If the property was placed into a trust then the trust will own the property. The trust is administered by the trustees. If your partner is the sole trustee then he is responsible for the trust and its property. He presumably can make the decisions about the property in the interests of the beneficiaries.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.