31090051

On Monday 3rd Feb 2013 I was stopped for speeding on the M74

Customer Question

On Monday 3rd Feb 2013 I was stopped for speeding on the M74 in Scotland,
The police informed me that on 25th jan 2013 the DVLA had revoked my driving license, I knew nothing about this, having never received any mail from DVLA.
So the police told me that
A) I was no longer allowed to drive.
B) They were going to have my car towed away.
C) It was now up to me to make my own way home to Manchester and/or collect the car from the storage yard.

The police without any warning informed HPI Crush Watch that the car had been taken off me and taken to a storage yard.
The following day my wife and brother came to Scotland to collect myself and the car from storage.
The car was in storage for less than 24 hours.
On my wife's return home to Manchester she was contacted by HPI Crush Watch,
who informed her that they have been asked by VW finance to repose the car to prevent it from being crushed, there was never danger of this happening and every payment has been made on time to the finance company.
Can HPI Crush Watch come and take the car ?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

The answer to your question depends on the terms and conditions of the VW finance agreement which may have terms along the lines that a breach of the agreement of any sort allows them to repossess the vehicle. In this case driving without a licence for example. The fact that the payments have been maintained may not be relevant depending on what other terms the agreement contains.

If you would like me to look at this for you please upload the terms and conditions to mediafire.com or similar and send me the link.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your answer,

I am sure that HPI Crush Limited will come and take the car,

The car is a quality car . has equity in its value.

HPI Crush limited in this case has an open cheque book to charge what ever fees , so they no doubt will send two thick over weight baldies to collect the car.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Let me know if I can help further.