31090051

I was charged with assault on my step daughter back in September

Customer Question

I was charged with assault on my step daughter back in September last year. I lost my patience after months of not being supported by my husband to bring them up and threw a plastic water bottle which hit her on the head. I pleaded guilty by post to this when case was heard on 16th January. The case was continued until 12th February at which time I have to appear. I have no lawyer as can't afford one. We are all living together as a family and things are good. Social work is involved but the court have not been in touch with them to get a criminal justice report which they said they would do. My husband has written a letter of support to procurator fiscal. Where do I stand and what is likely outcome? This is only offence apart from drink driving ban in 2008
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Assuming no injury, the likely outcome is either an admonition, ie, you will be convicted but no sentence, a deferred sentence for good behaviour or a small fine.

If the court has no ordered a SW report it may have done because they don't think it necessary.

You appear to have plenty of mitigation and I would hope for a lenient disposal.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.