31090051

I feel my lawer dident work with my best intrest at hand

Customer Question

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

If you think your lawyer was negligent as a result of which you lost money or suffered some other loss, then you remedy is to instruct another lawyer to pursuer your lawyer for damages for professional negligence. The lawyers insurance company would deal with the claim.

On the other hand if you are simply dissatisfied with the service you received because it was slow or poor or lacking in some other way you can make a complaint to the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission. The Commission has the power to investigate the case and if they find that you have received an inadequate professional service they can order compensation or a refund of fees paid.

You can look at the Commissions website online. I'll send you the link.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
http://scottishlegalcomplaints.com