31090051

If a dad has a criminal record for assault and is on a tag

If a dad has a criminal record for assault and is on a tag at the moment and will probably go to jail in May would he be able to get access to his 6 year old daughter and also overnight with his girlfriend who split them up
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

It seems unlikely that he would get a contact order. He would have to establish why it would be in the best interests of his daughter that such an order should be made. Overnight with the girlfriend is very unlikely given the circumstances.

I would say that the most contact would be for a few hours on a supervised basis.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
He has been playing my daughter along for five years when he left her and kept telling her he was coming back. He has ruined her life for those years and has smashed up her house as we'll he is a thug and he is trying to scare her by saying he has a letter from a solicitor saying he will get his daughter. My daughter is a brilliant mum and is always putting the girls first he has done nothing for them and just keeps breaking his promise to them all the time.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Nothing you have said would lead me to believe that a court would be happy granting an order here.