31090051

I live in Scotland. how do I go about making and registering

I live in Scotland. how do I go about making and registering my will without using a solicitor?

As long as what you have written is dated, signed at the bottom of each page and witnessed on the last page that is a valid will. A will does not have to be registered in Scotland. You just have to keep it safe and let your executor know where it is kept.

A solicitor will charge £75 for a basic will and will store it free of charge. That is always better than doing it yourself.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.