31090051

my daughters partner is threatning to get their daughter three

my daughters partner is threatning to get their daughter three and a half days a week he said he can do this as his name is XXXXX XXXXX certifacate
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

He is talking nonsense. He has parental rights because he is named on the birth certificate. That doesn't automatically entitle him to three and a half days a week. It doesn't work that way.

Your daughter is presumably the parent with care therefore the child resides with her. He is entitled to contact to the child at such times and place as is deemed to be in the child's best interests. That is rarely half of the time given the upheaval for the child. There is no normal or legal amount of time; it depends what is in the best interests of the child. Frankly, is view of it is simplistic and naive.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you i feel more assured now.