31090051

I pay my ex wife 15% of my net salary every month, my son lives

I pay my ex wife 15% of my net salary every month, my son lives with me 2 nights every weekend, am I paying too much? Should I be deducting relative daily amount when he stays with me? I earn 80k per year....Thanks
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

You don't deduct money for the period he stays with you but there is a discount based on the fact that you have him for 104 nights per annum. If you give me your weekly net take home pay I will tell you what you should be paying. I assume there are no other children in your household.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my weekly gross take home pay is for the last 2 years has been - £1413.46, £1455.87. My average take home pay changes, as I change company car etc, I have worked out the average for each of the last 2 years- £898.11, £922.61. I also revive an annual bonus related to my and the business performance. If she looked at that is she entitled to anything? We are legally separated, and all assets and money separated in Nov 2011. Thanks...Lee
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Based on £922.61 and 104 nights a year with you, you should be paying £76 per week. The bonus should be averaged out and taken into account.