31090051

Im am currently seperated from my husband, he is allowed access

I'm am currently seperated from my husband, he is allowed access to the martial home which I own, do I have to allow access to any other members of his family eg. Mother in law or friends ?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

No you don't have to allow access to anyone other than your husband who will have certain occupancy rights if you separated less than two years ago. You don't have to allow access to any other person.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can I sell the house? The deeds and mortgage is in my name as he is bankrupt and I bought the house before we married my dad stays with us. Do I only need to give him one door for access He has access through the front door but I am not giving him keys for the back doors as he shut them and refused to give me keys so I got the locks changed on those doors.
As for his mother in law letting herself in and taking stuff away could that be classed as a criminal offence?
Thanks for your help so far :)
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Your mother in law is committing theft and housebreaking.

As far as selling is concerned you can do so as the house can not form part of any marital property as it was bought pre marriage.

However you will need you husband to formally renounce his occupancy rights as any purchaser will seek such a deed at settlement of the sale.