31090051

I work for a charity part time and part time for myself. I

Customer Question

I work for a charity part time and part time for myself. I am required to have PVG Disclosure. My old disclosure had expired and I was required to apply for the new PVG as
I work with vulnerable adults. At the time of application the charity was not a
Member organisation that could countersign applications and therefore
I duly applied for the PVG in my own right paying £59. In due course I received my certificate stating I was free to work with vulnerable adults. This all
happened in January 2013.

In July 2013 I was asked by the charity for my Membership number for my PVG so they could register an interest and I duly signed a form agreeing to this. In due course I received another membership form from PVG. The charity had asked me to sign the wrong form and as a result a new membership form was sent out by PVG and is charging the charity £59 which they are trying to pass onto me to pay. am fighting with them saying they had me complete the wrong form and that they are liable.

What is the position legally? Is the Charity at fault for getting me to sign the wrong form?
Is PVG company at fault sending wrong certificate and not querying it. Will I have to pay the £59 even though I am not at fault?

Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

It seems to me that you complied with the requirement incumbent upon you by getting the PVG in your own right. If the charity then follows that up and gets you to sign the wrong form then that is their look out and they should pay.

You had already got the PVG.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.