31090051

i Bought a Farm cottage from the my farmer neighbour 15 years

i Bought a Farm cottage from the my farmer neighbour 15 years ago. At the time of purchase I asked for permission to build a shed on a small piece of adjoining land that had the remains of an outhouse on it that had traditionally served the cottage. I built the shed 12 years ago with permission from the landowner and have used the shed without dispute. Due to a recent disagreement with the landowner they are now threatening to demolish my shed. My question is this, have I any rights to keep using the shed if they insist on denying me use of it and want to proceed with the demolition against my will?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

The shed is on their land so they own it. Unless you have a written lease of the land on which the shed is built they are entitled to do whatever they want with it.

Sorry to write in those terms but that is the law of property.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.