31090051

Girlfriend and I are going to buy a house together. Though

Girlfriend and I are going to buy a house together. Though I have a bad credit history, so mortgage is going to be in her name only. But I will be putting an equal deposit down as, well as making half the mortgage payments, which I will pay directly to her.

Am I able to go onto the deeds of the house, or whats my best option. So the house will be half mine, if anything happens down the line. death or separtion etc
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

If the mortgage is going to be in her name alone the title will have to be in her name too.

What you have to do is go to a solicitor and have a cohabitation agreement drawn up dealing with the disposal of the house if anything should happen in the future.

It is very important that such an agreement is drawn up before you take entry to the house.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.