31090051

I bought two sofas from a retail store and after three months

I bought two sofas from a retail store and after three months they have bad shading and look like we have had them years. We were not advised that this woould hthem if we had known this would happen as we would not have bought them.
The store just does not want to know and are not prepared to help, what can we do?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Trading standards and you solicitor are who you want to get in touch with.

From what you say the store are fobbing you off with goods which aren't of satisfactory quality under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. Unless there was a clear advice to you at the time of purchase that these sofas might change in the way they have because of the material used they can't avoid their statutory liability to you.

Your remedy is to give intimation of the rejection of the goods and a claim for damages being the cost of them.

Your solicitor might be able to do this without going to court but if not, your remedy is to sue in the sheriff court.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would the Citizens Advice Centre be able to help me further.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
They might depending on how good the adviser there is but the furniture company would probably take a solicitor's letter more seriously.