31090051

Bought a vehicle in November from Lomond Cars Dumbarton, which

Bought a vehicle in November from Lomond Cars Dumbarton, which had a full guarantee for thirty days and engine/gearbox/running gear guarantee for ninty days. The week after purchase the vechicle would stall in traffic which made it practically unuseable. Haveing informed the seller I was instructed to take the vehicle to a local garage and get a quote for repair.

The local garage went ahead and repaired the fault following manufactures, guidance and I submitted the invoice to the seller.

The seller now argues that because I did not submit a quote they will only pay what they consider to be the appropriate sum ( approximately £295.00 as opposed to the invoice sum of approximately £480.00)

I disputed this on the grounds that they supplied me with a vecihle that was not fit for purpose (continually stalling in traffic).

do I have a case to follow?
Angus Smith
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

You are right. They are wrong. They can't rely on the warranty when you have the Sale of Goods Act on your side. You are entitled to have the car fixed and make a claim against them for the reasonable cost.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.