31090051

I have been charged with drink driving recently. I got done

I have been charged with drink driving recently. I got done for it 25 years ago, if the sherriff asks have you been done for it before, do I have to answer yes, even though it is not recorded on my licence?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

The sheriff will not ask you that question. If the PF decides to libel it as a previous conviction that will be apparent from the court papers you receive. If it is not libelled as a previous conviction then it will not be mentioned and you do not have to mention it.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you, your information was 100% accurate. I was in court today and it wasn't mentioned.

Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome.