29905560

Hi, Please I think I need some advise regarding the divorce

Customer Question

Please I think I need some advise regarding the divorce process. I have been married to my wife for about 8 years now but I find it increasingly difficult to live with her and I think the marriage may have broken down irretrievably. Can someone advise me regarding what steps to take next in terms of getting a divorce. I live in Scotland. thanks
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

There are several issues which have to be taken into account in a divorce. These are financial issues and also whether there are children of the relationship.

The law as regards financial provision is contained in the Family Law (Scotland) Act 1985.

I can help you with this if you can give me some further info.

Date of marriage?

Was this a first marriage, what property do you have, when was it acquired, what do you each work at, what are your earnings, what basis do you have for a divorce?

As much info as possible please and I will try to help you.