31090051

I live in a ground floor tenement flat in Glasgow and wanted

I live in a ground floor tenement flat in Glasgow and wanted to make my flat open-plan by removing a wall between the kitchen and the front-room. My upstairs neighbours are opposed to this work being carried out. I wanted to know if I will still be able to proceed with the work.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.

Is this a supporting wall? If you have you applied for a building warrant for the work to be done.

Unlike a planning application there is not really a locus for a neighbour to object to an application for a building warrant. Your neighbour's only possible remedy would be to get a court order to prevent the works on the basis that he can prove that his property may in some way be put at risk were the works to proceed.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.